Wednesday, February 13, 2008

20 YEARS! - I demand a recount!

We recently received news that our 20th high school reunion is set to take place this year. WHAT?! It seems like just yesterday we were all gathering outside the common area chanting “Donna Martin graduates”…oh wait, that wasn’t us.

Twenty years…geez. Talk about feeling old. A friend sent me the link with a note that said she would rather poke a fork in her eye than attend this event. I can’t say that I don’t echo the sentiment. However, as fate would have it, I am married to a classmate! Go figure. I’m guessing that my other half will want to attend. He was one of the cool kids. You know the ones I’m talking about, had the locker on “that” wall, dated the cheerleader (and all her friends), basketball star, etc. etc. He will probably want to reconnect with his homies and act like a teenager again.

I guess we might go. We can sit around and make fun of how fat everyone is and how all the boys lost their hair. But wait, we’re fat(er)…and one of us is “shaved”….might be more fun to just sit home and make fun of each other.
xoxo

3 comments:

AnnMarie said...

Donna Martin graduates!

You'd run to your reunion if Steve, Kelly, Dylan and the rest of the 90120 crowd graduated with you.

Sounds like you'll have a great story to post when you get back from the reunion! Can't wait ;)

AnnMarie said...

typo.... 90210 ....you know what I mean fellow tv junkie :)

Life is beautiful... Mostly said...

That cracks me up! It is so true, but go and then tell us all about it in the way only Myrna knows how! Can't believe it has been twenty years that means our 20th is right around the corner!!!

Laurie